Let the Mayhem begin!
— Dark Mayhem
Dark Mayhem is the overall main antagonist of The Thundermans. He is the world's most powerful supervillain, the overarching antagonist of the first and second season, and the main antagonist of the third season of The Thundermans. He was Max's main inspiration and evil mentor during Max's evil phase.
He is voiced by Jamieson Price but is portrayed by Omid Zader.
Dark Mayhem was introduced in the first season, in the episode Phoebe vs. Max as Max's favorite supervillain. Max got mad at Billy for falling through the swirly slide and "hurting" the Dark Mayhem poster. Since Phoebe knew Max idolizes Dark Mayhem, she hacked into Max's system and prank-called Max pretending to be Dark Mayhem. At first, Max suspected it was Phoebe pranking him but "Dark Mayhem" convinced him that Phoebe wasn't capable of hacking him. So, Max agreed to do anything to prove that he's a villain material. After dressing in embarrassing clothing to school, he was disappointed to realize it was Phoebe pretending to be Dark Mayhem all along, dressed in a Dark Mayhem costume and using a voice changer.
Dark Mayhem makes his first official appearance via video call in Phoebe vs. Max: The Sequel when he asks Max to start keeping a record of his evil deeds in an evil chronicle for periodic reviews. Dark Mayhem doesn't like it when Max calls it a "journal" or a "diary" forcing him to settle for "evil chronicle." Max starts committing small crimes in Hiddenville and recording them for Dark Mayhem to review.
Max's chronicle is confiscated by Principal Bradford just before Dark Mayhem's call to review the chronicle. Max manipulates Phoebe and Allison's Green Teenz Club to steal his chronicle back. During the chronicle review call, Dark Mayhem is impressed by Max for betraying Phoebe. However, Max feels guilty about hurting his sister and walks out on Dark Mayhem, making him mad. When Max returns, Dr. Colosso informs him that Dark Mayhem was actually impressed by Max walking out on him because it shows Max has a real villain potential.
During another chronicle review, Dark Mayhem demands that Max should change his appearance to look more villain-y. He doesn't like Max's "babyface" because it makes him look so innocent. Max upgrades the Nose-Hairilizer in order to use it to grow an evil beard but he accidentally zaps Nora with it. In the end, he confronts Dark Mayhem that he doesn't need to change his look to prove that he is villain material.
After Phoebe exposed the Villain League Headquarters in A Hero Is Born, Dark Mayhem and other villains started a fake fast-food restaurant called "Happy Fun Burger" to hide there. In Thundermans: Secret Revealed, Dark Mayhem sends Lady Web to steal a diamond from the museum so that the supervillains can move to a better location but Lady Web is busted by ThunderGirl (Phoebe). This makes Dark Mayhem so mad that he finally decides to take down ThunderGirl. Lucky for him, he already knows a way in through ThunderGirl's brother, Max who would do anything.
Dark Mayhem calls Max to the Villain League and introduces his new associates: Fairy Pinch-ess, Strongdor and Son of Scalestro. He shows Max the world's first power-sapping orb and gives it to Max, asking him to take ThunderGirl's powers. Max is reluctant about it but takes the orb anyway. Down in Max's Lair, Phoebe finds Max's chronicle open and reads it, realizing that Max left for a meeting with Dark Mayhem. She accidentally calls Dark Mayhem who reveals the plan for Max to take her powers.
When Max gets grounded, Dark Mayhem becomes impatient and wants to do the job himself. If only he knew where ThunderGirl lives. After watching a news coverage revealing that the Thundermans live in Hiddenville, Dark Mayhem asks his minions to go to Hiddenville and take ThunderGirl down. They fly to Hiddenville on Dark Mayhem's helicopter. On their way, Mayhem has a video call with Dr. Colosso during who is excited for Mayhem to take over Hiddenville. Unfortunately, Mayhem accidentally tells his minions that Dr. Colosso will be the first one he'd dispose of - while the video chat is still on. This turns Dr. Colosso against Dark Mayhem.
Dark Mayhem arrives at Hiddenville and finds reporters and civilians outside the Thundermans house. He attacks them with his powers, causing them to leave. He then starts knocking down the Thundermans house to get inside. Dr. Colosso uses one of Max's dynamites to help the Thundermans escape. He reads a note on the kitchen counter revealing that ThunderGirl is at the prom at the museum. He follows them there and finds Max confronting Phoebe. He asks Max to take Phoebe's powers so that he can finally join them and become like one of them. But Phoebe gives a passionate talk to Max to help him see the truth, turning him against Dark Mayhem. Disappointed in Max's betrayal, Dark Mayhem warns that Max has made a huge mistake. He starts attacking both Thunder Twins. After fighting for a long time, Max gets the orb and tries to take Dark Mayhem's powers. Dark Mayhem gets the upper hand and blows away both Phoebe and Max. He then takes the orb, ready to take away the twins powers. Luckily, Chloe using her newly gained superstrength, drops a heavy pillar on Dark Mayhem, rendering him useless. Max then uses the orb to take away Dark Mayhem's powers.
Upon Dark Mayhem's defeat, Barb and Hank call the Hero League to take care of him and the other villains. The Hero League takes Dark Mayhem to the Metroburg SuperJail.
Phoebe goes to the Metroburg Superjail to ask Dark Mayhem for help with getting rid of his evil superpowers. She finds that he's sharing a jail cell with Strongdor. Dark Mayhem tells her that she can't. She needs to embrace them and complete his plan to take over the world. He gives her the details of where to find his former sidekick, Destructo to help her complete the evil plan. Phoebe tells Dark Mayhem that she will never be evil like him. She will be eviler. Destructo complains to Phoebe that she's treating him the same way Dark Mayhem was treating him. After the Thundermans save Phoebe and defeat Destructo, Hank kicks Destructo into the Dark Mayhem jail cell where he finds Dark Mayhem playing a board game with Strongdor.
Although there hasn't been an official name for her, it was stated in a Season 3 episode Floral Support, that Dark Mayhem has a wife. Max walks out on Dark Mayhem's Chronicle review and there is an awkward silence between Dr. Colosso and Mayhem when Colosso asked how Mrs. Mayhem is. Also in the episode, Dark Mayhem reveals that he pushed his Nana into a Tiger pit.
Like every great villain Dark Mayhem keeps himself a mystery, so we don't really know a lot about him.
Even though he is a highly famous villain, he still manages to try to take in Max Thunderman, although the way he approaches Max isn't really the most respectful way. He seems to be a very degrading, tormenting, conniving, jerk, but then again, what evil villain isn't? If you had to use one word to describe Dark Mayhem, it would be that he is evil and that's what makes him one of the greatest villains in all of history.
Dark Mayhem seems to be very impatient as seen during his calls with Max and Dr. Colosso. He easily gets mad when someone loses focus of what they're discussing. When he gets angry, he causes the electricity in the room to start flickering and generating sparks. Phoebe did the same when she impersonated Dark Mayhem.
Dark Mayhem powers are pure evil and if we use it we will turn evil
— Max explaining what happens if they use Dark Mayhem's powers
In Come What Mayhem, when Phoebe suggests that they add his powers to one of them so that they can use his energy balls to destroy the bomb. Max strongly advises against this because Dark Mayhem's powers would also turn whoever has them evil as well.
- Superhuman Strength: Dark Mayhem is capable of exerting strong force from his muscles.
- Flight/Levitation: Dark Mayhem was capable of flying and levitating.
- Electrokinesis: Dark Mayhem was seen manipulating and creating electricity on one of his posters.
- Force Field Creation: Dark Mayhem was capable of creating a force field that was capable of blocking attacks. He is also capable of using them as projectiles.
- Force Field Projectiles: Dark Mayhem was capable of creating green force field spheres that could offend and defend himself.
- Force Field Imprisonment: Even though Dark Mayhem never used it on the show, Evil Phoebe uses it against her own family.
- Heat Vision: Dark Mayhem was capable of using Laser Vision to melt the ice off the front door of the Thundermans' home.
- Energy Projection: Dark Mayhem could create energy easily and it was his main offensive system. He was capable of using energy in various ways, too.
- Destruction/Disintegration: Dark Mayhem is capable of inducing destruction on things easily by throwing an Energy Sphere at them.
- Plasma Manipulation: He can create plasma balls and Electromagnetism Manipulation.
- He is the main antagonist of the season 3 finale, Thundermans: Secret Revealed.
- Dark Mayhem is similar to Darth Vader from Star Wars in that he wears a mask and dark robes, and speaks in a deep, intimidating voice.
- When his associates start talking about their prom, Dark Mayhem says that he took Debbie to prom but it is obvious from the way he says it that he is lying.
- Before Thundermans: Secret Revealed, Dark Mayhem is only seen through video chats. He still wears a mask and green robe throughout though.
- He owns a helicopter and calls it the Mayhem-Copter.
- His sidekick is an android called Destructo.
- He shot Hank's sidekick into space.
- There's a poster of Dark Mayhem in Max's Lair, as seen in Season 1,2,3.
- After Thundermans: Banished!, the poster of Dark Mayhem has been replaced by the Z-Force poster.